INTRODUCTION AND GAA HISTORY
Guam Adventist Academy is a co-educational parochial day school operated by the Seventh-day Adventist churches of Guam and the Guam-Micronesia Mission of Seventh-day Adventists. Classes are offered from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
Guam Adventist Academy traces its beginning back to the 1949-1950 school year, when Pastor Dunton founded what has now become GAA. Maria Ulloa and Magdelena Flores were the first teachers in Dededo Village with twenty-six students. A second school opened in Talofofo in 1951 with Mariano D. Tabali as the teacher. By 1957 the schools had become one at the Agaña Heights location with an elementary through twelfth grade curriculum. The current Windward Hills property was secured in July of 1963. The 1999-2000 school year marked Guam Adventist Academy’s 50th anniversary.
The Seventh-day Adventist church operates a worldwide system of over 6,800 educational facilities from preschool through university levels in over 100 countries.
The Adventist education program is predicated on a belief in the uniqueness and worth of each student and the importance of the systematic development of the whole person. Students are educated to accept the concept of service as a principle of life, to be sensitive to the needs of people, and to become contributing members in the home and society.
In order that its young people may become well-rounded individuals prepared for service in this and the future life, Adventist educational facilities place special emphasis on the training of all the facets of one’s character as it trains the physical, mental, social and spiritual capabilities of young men and women.