Guam Adventist Academy welcomes students without regard to religious persuasion, race, color, or gender. Students seeking a Christ-centered education that nurtures the development of the whole person will appreciate our philosophy and school environment.
- A child entering the Pre-kindergarten (ages 3 and 4) program must be absolutely unassisted with their personal hygiene and pass evaluation by the teacher.
- The recommended age for a child entering the Kindergarten program is five years of age by September 15 for the current school year.
- The recommended age for a first grade student is six years of age by September 15 of the current school year.
A student who presents him/herself for admission must willingly agree to abide by the principles set forth in the GAA Handbook.
Parents or responsible party of the student should follow the procedure outlined below:
- Current application is submitted with $25.00 fee per child.
- Birth certificate and/or most recent passport plus VISA (if applicable) is received/on file.
- Current medical exam form is on file. Physical examinations are required for all new students and returning students entering grades Pre-K to Kindergarten, 1, 4, 7, and 9.
- Students who choose to participate in the sports program must obtain a medical sport clearance.
- Immunization records is on file with up-to-date immunizations.
- New student has current PPD result.
- Returning student is up-to-date with all immunizations and has current PPD result.
- Proof is submitted for student’s minimum GPA of 2.0. If no proof of at least 2.0 GPA, then the status of the student will be probationary.
- Parents of new students must provide authorization for release of records from previous school.
- A student may be required to complete placement test(s).
- Student may be admitted on scholastic probation only with the principal approval. (See probationary acceptance section.)
- Handbook Acknowledgement certificate is signed by student and primary parent/responsible party.
- Financial contract is signed and submitted to accountant.
- Computer usage agreement is signed and on file.
- New student and parents/responsible party must talk with the principal.
Stop here if your child is in grades K-6. This section applies only to 7-12th graders.
- Student must meet with registrar to discuss and schedule classes for the school year.
- All new students in grades 7-12 must submit a one page essay about him/herself. (See Essay Guidelines Form.)
- Seniors driving their own vehicle to and from school must submit the following:
- copy of their driver’s license
- vehicle registration
- insurance coverage with parental consent signed and submitted
- GAA discourages students from riding with a non-sibling driver, but will not be held liable by actions taken by student drivers. Parents must stress the huge responsibility the student driver has if he/she has passengers. We will request for written consent by a student driver's parent to allow a non-sibling student to ride as a passenger AND written consent by the other student's parent who agrees to allow his/her child to ride as a passenger; however, GAA will not be responsible for monitoring or enforcing the agreements between parents.